Are you looking to create video to us in marketing your book? Or, are you looking for a way to get the video you already have in front of viewers? YouTubing is a form of social networking where people share their interests as well as create and post their own videos. Once posted, a video clip is keyword searchable and eligible to be placed in the playlist of anyone who finds the clip enjoyable. This is very helpful as you can use video to attract viewers and place your book trailer or video clip where it can be seen by your audience.
Take advantage of YouTube and attract readers interested in your book themes by creating a playlist of clips that will capitalize on theme-based keyword searches. Once you have a playlist created you are ready to place your own video or book trailer in front of the searching public.
Consider creating and/or posting:
- Author video blogs
- A slideshow video clip with an audio excerpt from your book
- Video book reviews from a professional reviewer
- Book Trailers
Tips for creating YouTube video clips and book trailers:
- Ideally, a clip should run from one to three minutes in length.
- Avoid defining what the characters look like as most readers prefer to visualize what they are reading as they imagine it, placing themselves as the hero or heroine.
- Incorporate audio in the form of music to add emotion and depth.
- Use video comprised of still images or a mixture of stills and video.
- Insert written stills or scrolling written teasers.
- Images and content should directly relate to the content of your book.
- Content should convey a sense of what the book is about without spoilers.
- Keep in mind that the goal of your video clip is to capture the interest of the viewer, to create excitement about the book, and to encourage people to buy.
- Make sure you have set appropriate keyword tags on your video playlist, and have links to your author Web page in your YouTube channel profile settings.
Have fun and enjoy the creative process.
Tomorrow, Vonnie Faroqui will post a review of St. John of the Midfield, at her blog http://inkslingerswhimsey.blogspot.com/. Follow Vonnie on Twitter: @inkslngrswhmz. For the full tour schedule be sure to visit http://bit.ly/midfieldtour.