Monday, August 6, 2012

Poem by Anthony Karambelas

I am delighted to share a fantastic poem with you today written by one of my young writer mentees, Anthony Karambelas. I think it is a perfect tie-in to the Olympics! Enjoy!

Red USA

by Anthony Karambelas

The USA
Is mighty and great,
And uses the pain
To win the game.

The USA lives with hope
And does not mope,
When there is a slope
We don't say nope.

The USA strives for best
And does not rest,
Until we rise from less
And beat the test.

We are okay
With what others say,
Cause we can exclaim
We are USA!

Anthony Karambelas is an enthusiastic young writer, poet, scientist, and explorer. Visit his terrific blog here: http://uptheanteanthology.blogspot.com/

* * *

If you're interested in signing up for one of my Guided Mentorships for young writers, email me at dallaswoodburn@gmail.com. I still have a couple spots open!

No comments: