Curled Up With a Good Book is looking for reviewers! What does this mean for you? You can choose a book you want to read from their extensive list and they will mail it to you for free. Then you get to write a review of the book, and, if your review meets the requirements below, it will be published on the Curled Up website!
Their guidelines in general are fairly loose:
· submitted in .rtf, .doc, or .txt format attached to email, or within the body of an email
· length between 750-1800 words (4-10 paragraphs, app.)
· minimum of first-person interjections or qualifiers ("I think" or "in my opinion," for example); relevant first-person anecdotal asides are welcome
· place the book (and/or author) and draw comparisons within the author's own body of work and within the larger body of other books in the same vein
· aim for approximately equal parts synopsis and commentary/critique -- including what and *how* the author does best -- or worst
· accompanied by a rating of 1 to 5 stars (1/2 star ratings okay)
· copyright 2009 by Your Name for Curled Up With a Good Book - first-run reviews only; may be posted to personal blogs or other outlets following posting to curledup.com, noted as "originally published at CurledUp.com"
· light editing for clarity & readability
If you are interested in reviewing for Curled Up, please visit their list of titles available for review at http://www.curledup.com/booklist.htm, pick out a handful (or more) of titles you’re interested in, email your picks along with your shipping address to email@example.com, and get started!