Monday, January 11, 2010

Glass Woman Prize

An amazing woman named Beate Sigriddaughter is making a difference in the world by giving women writers an opportunity to support each other and share their work. How? She created the Glass Woman Prize, an award she funds with 10% of her own income.

As she says in her own words, "I want to help along the cause of women expressing themselves authentically and fearlessly and passionately. It has something to do with a contribution to justice and soul growing in the world. One of my ex-husbands once said that women don't support each other. I want to either change that or prove it wrong. This is my small gesture of changing the world."

I am very proud that my story "Three Sundays at The Grove" was awarded eighth place in the Sixth Glass Woman Prize. Beate is now accepting submissions for the Seventh Glass Woman Prize. You can read previous winning stories and find information about how to enter your work at http://www.sigriddaughter.com/GlassWomanPrize.htm.

No comments: