Monday, June 4, 2012

Poem by Sidney Hirschman

I am thrilled to present to you today a new poem by Sidney Hirschman, a young author featured in the Write On! Books anthology Dancing With The Pen: a collection of today's best youth writing.  

 
Sidney Hirschman is 12 years old and is going into 7th grade this fall at the Nueva School in California. She enjoys writing, singing, playing guitar, and Minecraft. This is a poem she wrote for her poetry unit at school. You can read more of her work and thoughts at her blog, The Bird’s Word, at https://www.littlebirdsword.blogspot.com.

I’ve Got a Horse 
by Sidney Hirschman

Rhythm 
Of the beat
Of the trail so slow,
Clippin’
And a-cloppin’
Lis’tnin’ to the world grow.
Singin’
And a-songin’
To the heartbeat of the earth,
Thinkin’
And a-pond’rin’
Wondering what my life is worth.
Creakin’
And a-crackin’
From the bones in my back,
Weepin’
And a-warpin’
Is the sky so black.
Clearin’
And a-cloudin’
Is the attic of my mind,
I’ll ride
And keep on riding,
And I’ll see what I can find.

No comments: