Thursday, June 6, 2013

A terrific new book available for pre-order!

945567_10101564929565435_1193568778_n

WOODEN & ME: Life Lessons from 
My Two-Decade Friendship with 
Humanitarian and Coach John Wooden to Help 
"Make Each Day Your Masterpiece"

Hi, friends! I have a special post today with some terrific news to share: my amazing dad, who also happens to be an amazing writer, has written a book about his relationship with the legendary coach and humanitarian John Wooden. The book is now available for pre-order on Kickstarter, and he needs your help to make this book's publication a reality! Do you ever feel adrift? Are you looking for more purpose, love and strength in your life? Maybe you're feeling overwhelmed by your goals or disappointed by setbacks that inevitably spring up. Or perhaps you are looking for a wise, heart-warming book to read this summer.

If you loved books like Tuesdays With Morrie, The Happiness Project, or Kitchen Table Wisdom, I know you will love WOODEN & ME! This book would also make a terrific Father's Day or graduation gift. Do you love basketball or have a basketball lover in your life? This is the book for you!

Here's how you can help:

1) Pre-order your copy at the Kickstarter campaign at: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1138392258/wooden-and-me-book-and-e-book

 2) Share the link with your friends and family -- and ask them to do the same. Pledged supporters will receive a signed copy of WOODEN & ME this summer upon publication.

 3) Join the Facebook event and spread the word! https://www.facebook.com/events/630992526929012/633205676707697/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity 

970833_191704637653112_1862690072_n


Now I'll leave you with some words from my dad about the genesis of this project and what your support means to him:



As a longtime newspaper sports columnist in Southern California I am often asked to speak to civic groups – and the person audiences invariably want to hear more about during the Q&A afterward is Coach John Wooden. Listeners at these talks, as well as readers of my columns, over the years have encouraged me to write a book about my experiences with Coach.

Now I have, with the memoir WOODEN & MELife Lessons from My Two-Decade Friendship with the Legendary Coach and Humanitarian to Help “Make Each Day Your Masterpiece.” It was in 1987 as a young sports writer and near-newlywed that I met Coach, who soon became a friend and mentor through the births of my two children and their growth into young adulthood; the death of my mother; career decisions; and more.

As I note in my completed manuscript: “One did not have to play for Coach Wooden in order to be one of his students, and of this I am a privileged example. I was not one of his basketball players – except for one glorious week at his youth camp in 1975 – but make no mistake, I was his pupil. No coach or teacher or professor has taught me more, or taught me more important things.”

Just as Coach Wooden was beloved and revered by people of all ages and all backgrounds, readers from teens to parents to grandparents, basketball fans and non-fans alike, will find WOODEN & ME enlightening and inspiring.

 * * *

WOODEN & ME is an inspiring combination of Tuesdays With Morrie and Chicken Soup for the Soul -- author Randy Robertson

Order your copy today! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1138392258/wooden-and-me-book-and-e-book

No comments: