Sunday, July 3, 2011

Writing to Please Yourself

A couple weeks ago, I was delighted to be the keynote speaker for the June meeting of the Ventura County Writers Club. I had an absolutely wonderful time and met so many fun, friendly, creative and driven people! I focused my talk on "writing to please yourself," which was inspired by a piece of advice I received from novelist Elizabeth Berg, who I met a few years back at the Santa Barbara Writers Conference. My brother Greg was kind enough to record the first part of my talk, so now I can share it with you! Please spread the link to anyone you think would enjoy it!

3 comments:

Tracy Krauss said...

It's always cool to see someone 'live' and in person. Way to go!

Slamdunk said...

Creative idea Dallas in getting insights from authors. Sounds like you gethered some gems.

Dallas said...

Thanks so much to you both for taking the time to watch! :)